Corporate Social Responsibilities.
A resort with a heart.
LIFE IS A JOURNEY
Life is filled with opportunities to seek the exceptional, encounter the new and widen our horizons. Find your next extraordinary moment with Fisherman’s Cottage.
Join hands with us as we preserve the world’s most beautiful destination – North El Nido, Palawan.
Fisherman’s Cottage is a sustainable development, a Zero carbon zone.
An off-Grid remote property, runs entirely on renewable energy.
Behind the scenes and at the forefront, Fisherman’s Cottage works tirelessly to preserve the amazing destination- El nido, Palawan that we call home.
Hand in hand with guests, our team contributes to a number of social and environmental projects in north el nido, plawan. We actively support our communities through grassroots involvement as well as guest donations to provide vital services, such as community children needs, marine life and wildlife protection.
Our resort, sustainable tourism drives our choices. The ways we conserve ecological resources, the positive impacts we can have on our communities, and the ways we can ensure sustainable growth are woven into our operations. Because many of our guests care about these causes as much as we do, we take pride in facilitating meaningful guest involvement – from reef rehabilitation to turtle conservation.
CSR Initiatives at Fisherman’s Cottage.
We, The Fisherman’s Cottage collaborated with our suppliers and business associates to actively work to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities and to continually improve and innovate on practices aimed at:
• Conserving natural resources
• Minimizing waste and pollution
• Enhancing indoor environmental quality
• Establishing and reporting on key environmental performance indicators
• Raising environmental awareness among our associates, guests and communities. We acknowledge that, in many ways, we, like the global community we serve, are only in the early stages of developing and implementing the many changes that will be necessary to achieve these vital goals. Nonetheless, we strongly believe that our effort to support a healthy environment serves the interest of both current and future generations and constitute the foundation for enduring success.
Target Area – Predominantly Social and Environment
Target Beneficiaries – Employees, Local Residents
• Only locally hired employees, to create local employment in the community.
• Fair labor practice.
• Government Health Insurance is provided to our entire team.
• Social security system registered for all employees.
• Home loan benefits and shares.
• Employees who have worked for over a year are given Interest Free Loans on request.
• Practical Training on Sustainability Topics for Greater Awareness – For staff awareness, instructions are given on the basis of actual tasks.
• Encourage guests for sharing tip to employees for their service.
• Total compliance with the Local Labour Office Rules & Regulations. Reasonable working hours, Days Off etc.
• Employment of Man and Women from the local area for Gardening, Utility works.
• Purchase of fruits and vegetables from Local Markets & Vendors.
• Organic oil, soap productions by locals and benefiting locals.
• All Oil Waste is collected and sold to Local Agencies who recycle it.
• Providing of Dustbins along the beach and daily cleaning of beach vicinity.
• Educating students at primary and high school students and create awareness for environment.
Environmental Friendly Activities
• Kitchen Waste Water Treatment Facility.
• 100% solar energy.
• Plastic free operation.
• 100% LED lights used.
• Organic fertilizer productions for gardens.
We use mountain water. 3 way natural purification process. We minimise water consumption in all areas of our property through the combined efforts of guests and associates by implementing a number of initiatives. The installation of sink aerators as well as low-flow showers and toilets lessens the amount of wasted water. We use a minimally efficient amount of water when cleaning. We are also mindful that every drop counts, knowing that small steps, such as turning off taps when brushing teeth, will accumulate into even greater savings.
We combat pollution through reducing, reusing and recycling solid waste which impacts landfills, and by cooperating with local waste management companies. In support of our new waste management direction, we have composting programmes, and purchase products which are durable, repairable and able to be recycled.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We maintain the health and safety of our guests and associates alike by identifying and monitoring all potential risks and hazards on a regular basis, and by implementing improved practices when risks are identified, in addition to creating awareness through specific training programmes and related campaigns.
We ensure our resort’s sustainability performance and commitment is continually improving by measuring our guests’ satisfaction based on corporate standards, setting a high priority on the development and training of our associates, nurturing excellence amongst us, and creating regular property maintenance plans.
We work in partnership with local communities as part of our social involvement programme. We also promote local cultural awareness amongst our guests and integrate indigenous culture into everyday experiences. Special consideration is further given to employing and empowering local people, and whenever possible, environmentally and culturally sustainable products and services are sourced locally. Fisherman’s Cottage will continue to comply with all relevant regulations and to meet international best practices. We ensure the implementation of environmental, social and cultural sustainability programmes by monitoring processes and progress, as well as inviting and encouraging our guests, suppliers and local communities to participate in our efforts.